Christopher Michael Pratt was born June 21, 1979 in Virginia, Minnesota, and is part of Hollywood’s infamous Chris Club (Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pine, Chris Pratt). First coming to public recognition for his role as Andy Dwyer on Parks and Recreation, he’s a part of three wildly successful movie franchises: Guardians of the Galaxy in the MCU, The Lego Movie, and Jurassic World. Pratt also starred in Disney’s Onward.
Happy Birthday, Chris Pratt. We hope you had a good Father’s Day with your son Jack and your daughter Lyla. Let’s take a brief look at your career as we celebrate your 42nd birthday.
- 2000 Chris Pratt made his film debut in Cursed 3.
- 2002-2006 Pratt starred in the TV drama Everwood as Bright Abbott.
- 2006 -2007 Pratt appeared in the TV show O.C,, as Winchester “Ché” Cook.
- 2009 Pratt appeared in the horror film Jennifer’s Body as Police Officer Roman Duda.
- 2009 – 2015 Chris Pratt had his breakout role as Andy Dwyer in the TV sitcom Parks and Recreation.
- 2012 He played Obi-wan Kenobi in the made for TV movie Kinect Star Wars: Duel.
- 2013 Pratt co-starred in the sci-fi rom-com Her with Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow) in the MCU.
- 2014 was a busy year for Chris Pratt. He voiced Emmet Brickowski in The Lego Movie. He starred as Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy. Not surprisingly, in March 2014, Pratt was awarded the CinemaCon Award for Breakthrough Performer.
- 2015 He starred as dinosaur trainer Owen Granger in Jurassic World.
- 2016 He appeared in the science fiction film Passengers as Jim Preston and co-starred in the western Magnificent Seven as Josh Faraday.
- 2017 Pratt starred as Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, in Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2.
- 2018 He reprised the role of Quill in Avengers: Infinity War. The same year, he portrayed Owen Granger again in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- 2019 Pratt again replayed old roles. He was Emmett again in The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Quill once more in Avengers: Endgame.
- 2020 Chris Pratt voiced would-be wizard Barley Lightfoot in Onward.
Chris Pratt continues to remain busy. He is starring in The Tomorrow War, which will be released later this year. He has completed filming two movies which are due to be released in 2022 and are currently in post-production: Jurassic World: Dominion as Owen Granger and Thor: Love and Thunder as Starlord. Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 3 is allgedly in pre-production, with an anticipated release date of 2023. In addition, Pratt will be starring in Cowboy Viking Ninja.
Pratt has been married twice, first to actress Anna Faris (Cindy in Scary Movie and Scary Movie 2, 3, and 4, Jailbreak in The Emoji Movie) from 2009 to 2018. They have one son, Jack. He is currently married to author Katherine Schwarzenegger. They have an infant daughter, Lyla.
Chris Pratt has been nominated dozens of times by such awards groups as the Behind the Voice Actors Awards, the Broadcast Film Critics Association, the Critics Choice Awards, and the People’s Choice Awards, to name but a few. He won the Saturn Award for Best actor in 2015 for his work in Guardians of the Galaxy, and got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He won Best Action Performance in the 2015 MTV Movie Awards for Jurassic World. Despite making his acting debut a mere 21 years ago (in Dawn Rae Chong’s horror movie Cursed 3) he got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on April 20, 2017.
Susan Macdonald is the author of the children’s book “R is for Renaissance Faire”, as well as 26 short stories, mostly fantasy in “Alternative Truths”, “Swords and Sorceress #30”, Swords &Sorceries Vols. 1, 2, & 5, “Cat Tails” “Under Western Stars”, and “Knee-High Drummond and the Durango Kid”. Her articles have appeared on SCIFI.radio’s web site, in The Inquisitr, and in The Millington Star. She enjoys Renaissance Faires (see book above), science fiction conventions, Highland Games, and Native American pow-wows.