Our server is located in Canada, and as such is licensed through SOCAN via our Canadian division Krypton Media Partners in Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada. Since SOCAN has reciprocal royalty agreements with every other performance rights organization in the world, wherever in the world you’re listening to us from, we’re licensed to be heard there.
We’ve been around since 2009, so we’ve had a lot of years to infiltrate pretty much every corner of the Internet. There are lots of ways to listen. Apart from being the most popular sci-fi station on the planet, SCIFI.radio is the most technologically connected science fiction radio station in the entire world.
SCIFI.radio is on Every Smart Phone and Tablet
Just go to your app store and search for SCIFI.radio, then download the app. It’s that easy, and it’s free!
… and we’re on the Kindle Fire and Roku, too – via TuneIn and GetMeRadio.
More Ways to Listen
|Windows Media Player||https://station.kryptonradio.com:2199/tunein/kryptonradio.asx|
NOTE: AT THE MOMENT TUNE-IN DOES WORK, which means you can use it on Alexa, Google Home or Cortana devices to tune in – but you have to say “play scifi dot radio” or you won’t get the station you want. GetMeRadio also works – but only with our old name, “Krypton Radio”. To use that on Alexa or Google smart speakers, say “open Get Me Radio”, and then when it asks what station you want, say “Krypton Radio.”
Listen via Alexa, Google Home, or Cortana
However you trigger your voice controlled system, say the trigger word, and then say “Play SCIFI dot radio”. Your smart speaker will get you the SCIFI.radio stream via the TuneIn app for that type of speaker. That’s all there is to it!
- Alexa, play SCIFI.radio! (you may have to add the phrase “on TuneIn”)
- Okay Google, play SCIFI.radio! (you may have to add the phrase “on TuneIn”)
- Hey Cortana, play SCIFI.radio!
Just say “Alexa, play SCIFI.radio” or “Okay, Google, play SCIFI.radio” or “Hey Cortana, play SCIFI.radio”, and it will!
Are You in the UK and Can’t Hear Us Via Tune-In?
Thanks to TuneIn screwing up and losing their safe harbor protections under U.K. law by curating their own content streams instead of just acting as an internet radio and podcast search engine, they can no longer play any non-UK radio stations within the UK, with only a very few exceptions.
The workaround for this is to use the GetMeRadio skill, app, or web site. GetMeRadio was not named in the suit, does not offer curated streams and still has its safe harbor protections. We’ve tested it, and the GetMeRadio player skill on your Alexa Echo device works just fine for playing SCIFI.radio in the UK. You have to say ‘krypton radio’ when it asks for what station you want to play, though. For some reason GetMeRadio doesn’t pull up SCIFI.radio when you say ‘scifi dot radio’.
GetMeRadio is available on each of the following devices (which means SCIFI.radio is too):
- Their website at getme.radio
- Their Alexa Skill “Get Me Radio!“
- Their iOS Apple Mobile App “Get Me Radio!“
- Their Amazon Mobile App “Get Me Radio!“
- Their Android Mobile App “Get Me Radio!“
- Their Samsung Mobile App “Get Me Radio!“
- Their Huawei Mobile App “Get Me Radio!“
- Their Roku TV App “Get Me Radio!“
- Their Google Home Action “Get Me Radio!“
- Their Fire TV App “Get Me Radio!“
- Their Android TV App “Get Me Radio!“
- Their Apple TV App “Get Me Radio!“
Listen Using iTunes
Yes, we’re even listed on iTunes, but under our old name Krypton Radio.
Try using the iTunes app on Windows or OSX and press CTRL-U or Command-U and enter the stream address directly. You can also select View->Media Kind->Internet Radio->Eclectic->Krypton Radio.
Accessing the Streams Directly
If you’re using Linux, you can access SCIFI.radio via any of our direct access streams, via XMMS, Amarok, Banshee or other stream players.
Listen in Second Life, InWorldz, or OpenSim
For your land or parcel, go to Land Options, and enter any of the stream addressses above for your parcel audio media settings, and SCIFI.radio will play whenever somebody visits your virtual land.
You Can Also Find Us On These Fine Services:
- Radio.Pervil.com (French site).
- GetMeRadio.com They have phone apps and smart speaker skills that work even in the UK (TuneIn won’t give you SCIFI.radio in the UK).
- Streamfinder.com. Search for ‘krypton radio’.
- OnlineRadioBox.com. Search for ‘krypton radio’.
- Go to the Tuner24.com web site and ou’ll find us in the Soundtracks genre.
- Internet-Radio.com. Just search for Krypton in the search box, and there we are.
- Radio Garden is a fascinating way to explore the world of internet radio, starting with the most unique one – us!
- Hit-Tuner is a German radio aggregator, featuring some of the best internet radio the planet has to offer. Their site is fast, easy to use, and best of all (from our admittedly skewed perspective) it carries SCIFI.radio!
Look for the Following SCIFI.radio shows on iTunes and Stitcher:
- The Event Horizon on iTunes, The Event Horizon on Stitcher
- Legend of the Travelling TARDIS
- The Hangin With Web Show Radio Hour
- Planetary Radio
- Docking Bay 94
- TV Campfire
However you choose to listen, SCIFI.radio is your best choice for fan-oriented radio. We’re glad you’re a part of the SCIFI.radio family, and we hope you enjoy the station.
— Gene Turnbow, founder and station manager