This coming April 15, PBS will air Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines, a documentary about Wonder Woman and the real life women she’s inspired.
The documentary is directed by Kristy Guavara-Flanagan, and produced by Kelcey Edwards. It was the subject of a successful Kickstarter campaign that ended about this time last year, made its debut at the SXSW Film Festival last year, and has won countless awards.
Now that the film is done, it’s being taken on tour around the country through May. If you have the opportunity to see it in a theater setting, by all means, do so. If you can’t, watch for it on PBS.
- The Wonder Women Documentary web site
Asterisks denotes that the filmmaker will be in attendance for Q&A after screening
- ITVS Community Cinema Screenings, Nationwide, March 2013**
- Fort Lewis College, Durango, Colorado, March 14, 6 p.m. at Student Union
- Atlanta Film Festival, Atlanta, Georgia, March 15 – 24
March 23, 6:30 p.m. at 7 Stages Theatre
- FEMCINE, Festival de Cinema Mujeres, Chile, March 19 – 24
- FSU – Askew Student Life Cinema, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
March 25, 8 p.m. at Askew Student Life Center
March 26, 8 p.m. at Askew Student Life Center
- Cleveland International Film Festival, Cleveland, Ohio, April 3 – April 14
April 4, 5:20 p.m. at Tower City Cinemas**
April 6, 7:30 p.m. at Tower City Cinemas**
April 7, 12:10 p.m. at Tower City Cinemas
- SPARK San Francisco, San Francisco, California, May 16, 6 p.m.**
SCIFI.radio is listener supported sci-fi geek culture radio, and operates almost exclusively via the generous contributions of our fans via our Patreon campaign. If you like, you can also use our tip jar and send us a little something to help support the many fine creatives that make this station possible.