You didn’t have to be an Infinite Eye psychic to know this was coming. Paizo, creators of the popular Dungeons and Dragons alternative game Pathfinder, have partnered with their friends at Humble Bundle to create a special digital deal to help you and your friends play Pathfinder and support a great open-source cause.
What is a Humble Bundle? Bundles are limited-time collections of games, books, software, and more. Simply pay what you want and choose where your money goes, including to charity. Most bundles come in tiers starting at only $1—but the more you give, the more you get!
Inside the bundle, you’ll find a complete set of digital assets to get you started playing Pathfinder—and inspire you to keep playing for many adventures to come. This includes over $400 in rulebooks, world guides, adventures, and accessories—with top-notch high-fantasy lore and art.
All save one of the products in this bundle are PDFs that you can redeem with codes at the Paizo Store, one code per tier. There are three tiers to this bundle, starting at $5 and ending with a digital $25 tier. The last tier also includes the Pathfinder Adventure Path: Abomination Vaults for Foundry VTT!
To top it off, a portion of your purchase goes to Code for America, which helps municipalities and government institutions implement programs based on open-source software solutions.
The first tier starts at $5 and includes a code for seven PDFs worth over $100, including:
- Pathfinder Second Edition Beginner Box (PDF)
- Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook (PDF)
- Pathfinder Second Edition Bestiary (PDF)
- Pathfinder Character Sheet Pack (PDF)
- Pathfinder Player Character Pawn Collection (PDF)
- Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide (PDF)
- Pathfinder One-Shot #1: Sundered Waves (PDF)
For $15, you’ll also get the PDFs in the above tier, plus a code for 11 more PDFs worth over $150, including:
- Pathfinder Bestiary 2 (PDF)
- Pathfinder Lost Omens Character Guide (PDF)
- Pathfinder Lost Omens Ancestry Guide (PDF)
- Pathfinder Adventure: Troubles in Otari (PDF)
- Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Troubles in Otari (PDF/JPG)
- Pathfinder Society Intro #1: The Second Confirmation (PDF)
- Pathfinder Society Intro #2: United in Purpose (PDF)
- Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Ancient Dungeon (PDF/JPG)
- Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Swamp (PDF/JPG)
- Pathfinder Flip-Mat: City Sites Multipack (PDF/JPG)
- Pathfinder Adventure: Little Trouble in Big Absalom (PDF)
In the third tier, for $25, you’ll get codes for the above tiers, plus a code for additional 10 PDFs, and codes for the Pathfinder Adventure Path: Abomination Vaults PDF and Abomination Vaults Foundry VTT Bundle, worth another $150!
- Pathfinder Secrets of Magic (PDF)
- Pathfinder Gamemastery Guide (PDF)
- Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults Pawn Collection (PDF)
- Pathfinder Gamemastery Guide NPC Pawn Collection (PDF)
- Pathfinder Society Intro: Year of Boundless Wonder (PDF)
- Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Arcane Library (PDF/JPG)
- Pathfinder Pawns: Traps & Treasures Pawn Collection (PDF)
- Pathfinder Adventure: A Fistful of Flowers (PDF)
- Pathfinder Adventure Path: Abomination Vaults (Foundry VTT)
PDFs are associated with your account when redeemed. They are watermarked with the redeemer’s email address when they are downloaded. So, if you want to give these as gifts, you will likely want to give the codes themselves.
Humble Bundles offer great deals and support great causes. Purchasers get a say in how much of their donation goes to each participant at checkout.
The reason Pathfinder has been finding itself in the headlines so much over the past three weeks is that Wizards of the Coast, through an intricate web of lies, secret contracts and deception, attempted to destroy the OGL 1.oa open gaming license upon which roughly 85% of the table top roleplaying game industry depends for its livelihood. In the end they were caught and forced to drop the knife and back away from the table, but the resulting backlash has fueled an incredible backlash amongst gaming fans, to the point where the Paizo warehouse, which contained hardcover inventory that Paizo had expected would last eight months, was cleaned out by the orders from eager fans in just two weeks.
The TTPRG consumer base has now seen WotC’s true colors and no longer trusts them as stewards of the TTRPG gaming industry, and we are all seeing a new renaissance of third party publishers alternative gaming systems. These include Kobold Games and their Black Flag initiative, and the development of the new Open RPG Creators (ORC) License as spearheaded by Paizo in response to WotC’s unforced errors in the marketplace.
SCIFI.radio is listener supported sci-fi geek culture radio, and operates almost exclusively via the generous contributions of our fans via our Patreon campaign. If you like, you can also use our tip jar and send us a little something to help support the many fine creatives that make this station possible.