Youtube burns again. The trailer for the second season of The Mandalorian got almost half a million views on the Star Wars official youtube page in scant three hours since it dropped, and almost the same amount of views on the IGN Youtube page. It looks like everyone wants to learn what happens with the titular Mandalorian and the Child as they continue their journey inspired by samurai classics, old time westerns and above all, Star Wars.
Created by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, The Mandalorian is the first live action series in the Star Wars franchise and the flagship of the streaming platform Disney+ which it helped launch last November. Starring Pedro Pascal, Gina Carrano, Carl Weathers and Taika Waititi, with memorable roles by Nick Nolte, Werner Herzog, Giancarlo Esposito, and guest starring stars like Ming-Na Wen, Bill Burr, Natalia Tena, Emily Swalloy, Richar Ayoade and Matt Lanter in the first season, we are looking forward to announced guests of the second season:
- Michael Biehn as a bounty hunter.
- Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano, the former Jedi Padawan of Anakin Skywalker turned spymaster for the Rebel Alliance. The character was previously voiced by Ashley Eckstein in the series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels.
- Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett, a notorious bounty hunter utilizing Mandalorian equipment who seemingly died in Return of the Jedi. Morrison previously voiced the character in various Star Wars media.
- Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan Kryze, the former ruler of Mandalore and leader of a Mandalorian group called the Nite Owls. Sackhoff reprises the role from the animated series The Clone Wars and Rebels.
- Timothy Olyphant as Cobb Vanth, a former slave who acquired Boba Fett’s Mandalorian armor. The character was previously featured in the Star Wars: Aftermath trilogy of novels
The trailer itself spoils nothing, but just whets our appetite with both familiar sights and promises of new adventures.
The Mandalorian season 3 streams from October 30, 2020, exclusively on Disney+, which is a great source of sorrow for fans where the streaming service isn’t yet available (my country, Croatia being among them). Of course, fans will find a way.
I have spoken!
A Sci-Fi and Fantasy fan, gamer (computer, tabletop, pen and paper) and dad from Zagreb, Croatia.
Love doing interviews, reading and cooking.