The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Association (SFWA) is pleased to announce the winners of the 58th Annual Nebula Awards®. These awards are given to the writers of the most outstanding speculative fiction works released in 2022, as voted on by Full, Associate, and Senior SFWA members.
The awards were presented at the live broadcast of the 58th Annual Nebula Awards Ceremony, hosted by Toastmaster Cheryl Platz.
The winners are as follows:
NEBULA AWARD FOR NOVEL
- Babel, R.F. Kuang (Harper Voyager US; Harper Voyager UK)
NEBULA AWARD FOR NOVELLA
- Even Though I Knew the End, C.L. Polk (Tordotcom)
NEBULA AWARD FOR NOVELETTE
- If You Find Yourself Speaking to God, Address God with the Informal You, John Chu (Uncanny 7–8/22)
NEBULA AWARD FOR SHORT STORY
- Rabbit Test, Samantha Mills (Uncanny 11–12/22)
THE ANDRE NORTON NEBULA AWARD FOR MIDDLE GRADE AND YOUNG ADULT FICTION
- Ruby Finley vs. the Interstellar Invasion, K. Tempest Bradford (Farrar, Straus, Giroux)
THE RAY BRADBURY NEBULA AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING DRAMATIC PRESENTATION
- Everything Everywhere All at Once, Dan Kwan, Daniel Scheinert (A24, AGBO, IAC Films)
NEBULA AWARD FOR GAME WRITING
- Elden Ring, Hidetaka Miyazaki, George R.R. Martin (FromSoftware, Bandai Namco)
Additional awards and honors presented:
THE SFWA DAMON KNIGHT MEMORIAL GRAND MASTER AWARD
- Robin McKinley
THE INFINITY AWARD
- Octavia E. Butler (posthumous)
THE KATE WILHELM SOLSTICE AWARD
- Cerece Rennie Murphy
- Greg Bear (posthumous)
THE KEVIN J. O’DONNELL, JR. SERVICE TO SFWA AWARD
- Mishell Baker
Award presenters joined in-person and virtually from across the galaxy, including past Nebula Award winners, SFWA Board members, and other notable members of the science fiction and fantasy (SFF) industry: Jeffe Kennedy, Matthew Mercer, Gay Haldeman, Chinaka Hodge, Christine Taylor-Butler, Mur Lafferty, Michael Capobianco, Aydrea Walden, José Pablo Iriarte, Leigh Bardugo, and Anthony Rapp.
SCIFI.radio is listener supported sci-fi geek culture radio, and operates almost exclusively via the generous contributions of our fans via our Patreon campaign. If you like, you can also use our tip jar and send us a little something to help support the many fine creatives that make this station possible.