Join your hosts Susan Fox and Gene Turnbow Feb 5 and 6 at 4 pm Pacific / 7 pm Eastern as they invite actress and makeup artist McKenzie Westmore to this week’s episode The Event Horizon here on SCIFI.radio. Westmore is best known in our world as the host of SyFy Channel’s Face Off and the fourth generation of the famed Westmore family of makeup artists who defined more than a hundred years of motion picture makeup art and effects.
She’s also got her share of geek cred. She appeared in the 2020 episode of Star Trek: Picard called “Maps and Legends” as Rhomsew, and has had other parts in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Star Trek: Voyager, and on the TV series Weird Science.
In the mundane world, she’s still famous. She had roles on two soap operas, Passion and All My Children.
Being the daughter of Hollywood makeup artist Micheal Westmore, McKenzie has developed a passion for make-up artistry herself. Her time served as the host of SyFy’s special effects make-up competition Face Off helped her focus her energy into to developing new products for her cosmetics line Westmore Beauty ®
Her goal is to help people everywhere experience the transformative power of Hollywood special effects as well as enhancing and complimenting their own natural beauty.
- Part of the younger generation of the Westmore Family who are known for their achievements in film make-up and SFX.
- Has been the host of the SyFy1 original series Face Off since 2011.
- Has worked in film and television since 1980 including Star Trek: Insurrection and guest roles on shows such as Friends, Dexter, and The Bay.
- Developed the Westmore Beauty ® to reveal techniques that were once exclusive to celebrities, making them accessible to anyone who enjoys makeup.
- Has a recurring segment on shopping giant QVC’s programming to showcase Westmore Beauty ®
|Saturday Feb 5||4 PM PT / 7 PM ET|
|Sunday Feb 6||4 PM PT / 7 PM ET|
|Thursday Feb 10||4 AM PT / 7 AM ET|
|Saturday Feb 12||4 AM PT / 7 AM ET|
Once all airtimes have passed, you’ll find this episode on Google Podcasts, iTunes, Stitcher, Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and on our own web site here on SCIFI.radio.
The Event Horizon on SCIFI.radio – it’s Sci-fi for your Wi-fi.
1 We actually aren’t connected to SyFy channel in any way, despite the similarity in names. Hey, SyFy, if you wanted to change that relationship for any reason, let’s talk. Just an idea.
SCIFI.radio is listener supported sci-fi geek culture radio, and operates almost exclusively via the generous contributions of our fans via our Patreon campaign. If you like, you can also use our tip jar and send us a little something to help support the many fine creatives that make this station possible.