Kevin Conroy has over a hundred acting roles. Approximately a third of them are for voicing Batman in assorted animated films, TV shows, and videogames. Kevin Conroy was born November 30, 1955, in Westbury, New York. That makes him 66 years old as of November 30, 2021.
In addition to playing Batman in Batman: the Animated Series in the Nineties, Justice League Unlimited, and Justice League Action, and The Zeta Project, this Juilliard-trained actor has also played Lysander in Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream (982).
In a tally of performances that include every episode, movie and guest appearance made as Batman, Conroy has portrayed the character longer than any other actor in either live-action or animation.
They say everyone in Hollywood is only six fegrees of separation from Kevin Bacon. I can’t determine how close or far Kevin Bacon is from Kevin Conroy, beyond having the same first name, but Conroy has several coincidental connections to other people:
- Conroy shared a birthday with Efrem Zimbalist, Jr (1819-2014), who voiced his Alfred Pennyworth.
- His aunt was Broadway actress Susan Conroy.
- Kevin Conroy, best known for voicing Batman, went to school with Christopher Reeve, best known for playing Superman.
- Conroy auditioned for the part of Joe Hackett on the NBC sitcom Wings (1990). The producers spent two weeks deciding between him and Tim Daly. The two eventually worked together on Superman: the Animated Series (1996).
- As of 2014, he is the only actor to play Batman/Bruce Wayne, Dr Thomas Wayne (Bruce’s father) & Joe Chill (the gunman who murdered Bruce’s parents). He got to play Joe Chill in Justice League Unlimited: For the Man Who Has Everything (2004) (albeit in a dream sequence).
- In Batman: The Animated Series: Perchance to Dream (1992), he read the voice of Batman, Bruce Wayne, Bruce’s father, and the evil Batman in real time, alternating between all four characters without having to pause recording.
- Has played the voice of Batman for more than 20 years, spanning at least 9 different television series, 12 animated movies and 7 video games. No other actor has played Batman for so long.
- DC Super Villains
- Justice 2
- View-Master Batman Animated VR
- Arkham VR
- Batman: Arkham VR
- Batman: Arkham Underworld
- Batman Arkham Knight
- Infinite Crisis
- DC Universe Online: Origin Crisis
- Injustice: Gods Among Us
- DC Universe Inline: Home Turf
- Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn’s Eevenge
- DC Universe Online: The Battle for Earth
- Justice League: Doom
- Batman: Arkham City Lockdown
- Batman: Arkham City
- DC Universe Online
- Batman: Gotham Knight
- Gotham City Racer
- Adventures of Batman and Robin Activity Center
- Adventures of Batman and Robin
Do you have a favorite Batman adventure with Kevin Conroy as the Batman? If so, which video game, movie, or TV show? We want to hear from you. Share your opinion in the comments section below.
Susan Macdonald is the author of the children’s book “R is for Renaissance Faire”, as well as short stories in “Alternative Truths”, “Swords and Sorceress #30”, “Supernatural Colorado”, “Barbarian Crowns”, “Cat Tails””Under Western Stars”, and “Knee-High Drummond and the Durango Kid”. Her articles have appeared on SCIFI.radio’s web site, in The Inquisitr, and in The Millington Star. She enjoys Renaissance Faires (see book above), science fiction conventions, Highland Games, and Native American pow-wows.