Making its debut on Disney+ tomorrow, September 22, Star Wars: Visions expands the Star Wars universe to previously unimagined new horizons. It’s a 9-episode anthology series, each one being a short film portraying the Star Wars universe through the eyes of the best anime animation studios around the world.
The anthology collection will bring fantastic visions from several of the leading Japanese anime studios, offering a fresh and diverse cultural perspective to Star Wars.
Here are the episode titles, and the anime studios involved:
- The Duel, produced by Kamikaze Douga
- Lop and Och?, produced by Geno Studio
- Tatooine Rhapsody, produced by Studio Colorido
- The Twins, produced by Trigger
- The Elder, produced by Triger
- The Village Bride, produced by Kinema Citrus
- Akakiri, produced by Science SARU
- T0-B1, produced by Science SARU
- The Ninth Jedi, produced by Production IG
For more comprehensive information, we refer you to the stunningly complete pages on the series over at Fandom.com. Honestly, there’s more information there than there is on IMDB.
We can hardly wait for this one. It’s going to be amazing.
SCIFI.radio is listener supported sci-fi geek culture radio, and operates almost exclusively via the generous contributions of our fans via our Patreon campaign. If you like, you can also use our tip jar and send us a little something to help support the many fine creatives that make this station possible.