If Avengers: Endgame hasn’t given you your fill of superhero movies, would you like to try Supervized? It looks like a mash-up of RED, Cocoon, and The Avengers.
Written by Andy Briggs (Rise of the Gargoyles, Legendary) Roger Drew (Veep, The Secret Policeman’s Ball, Time Trumpet), John Niven (War Pigs, Kill Your Friends), and Ed Dyson (Urban Myths, The New Worst Witch), and directed by Steve Barron (Coneheads), Supervized is the story of Dunmanor, a retirement home for superheroes. “Four aging superheroes in a retirement home in Ireland come together for one last hurrah. “
Featuring an all-star (if graying cast), Supervized looks like it might be fun. The cast members certainly have their geek street cred:
- Maximum Justice: Tom Berenger (Impact Earth, Wonderland, Nightmares & Dreamscapes)
- Total Thunder: Louis Gossett, Jr. (The Powers of Matthew Star, Iron Eagle, Enemy Mine, Firewalker)
- Madera Moonlight: Fionnula Flanagan (How the West Was Won, Defiance, Star Trek: Enterprise, Poltergeist: the Legacy)
- Shimmy: Beau Bridges (Stargate: SG-1, Bloodline)
- Alicia: Fiona Glascott (Resident Evil, Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindelwald)
Supervized is rated R and will debut July 19.
So what do you think? Ready for a superhero romp with hearing aids, false teeth gags and walkers? If you have any questions or comments, please share your ideas in the comments section below.
Susan Macdonald is the author of the children’s book “R is for Renaissance Faire”, as well as short stories in “Alternative Truths”, “Swords and Sorceress #30”, “Supernatural Colorado”, “Barbarian Crowns”, “Cat Tails””Under Western Stars”, and “Knee-High Drummond and the Durango Kid”. Her articles have appeared on SCIFI.radio’s web site, in The Inquisitr, and in The Millington Star. She enjoys Renaissance Faires (see book above), science fiction conventions, Highland Games, and Native American pow-wows.