Baltimore, MD – At the close of the 2018 World Fantasy Convention (WFC) in Baltimore on November 4, Salt Lake City officially opened registration and began accepting memberships for the 46th World Fantasy Convention. The convention in question takes place October 29 – November 1, 2020 in Salt Lake City.
Though the Salt Lake committee has not yet finalized their guest list, they announced five confirmed guests.
- Stephen Gallagher – British author of many novels and screenplays, including episodes of the fan favorite Dr. Who and the television drama series Eleventh Hour. A new television reboot of Gallagher’s debut novel, Chimera, is currently being produced.
- Stephen Graham Jones – award-winning author of sixteen novels, including his latest, Mapping the Interior, which was a finalist for this year’s World Fantasy Award.
- Anne Groell – Executive Editor for Penguin Random House, Ms. Groell has worked in the fantasy genre for more than twenty-five years. Her current author list includes George R. R. Martin, Terry Brooks, and Robin Hobb.
- David Cherry – An award-winning artist of renown, Mr. Cherry is known for his work in the science fiction and fantasy genre. He is the former president of the Association of Science Fiction and Fantasy Artists.
- Tracy and Laura Hickman – Utah locals Tracy and Laura Hickman will serve as toastmasters for the 2020 World Fantasy Convention. Tracy is a NYT Bestselling author and game creator, who first became known for his work on the Dragonlance series. He and his wife, Laura, currently write together.
“We’re excited about our confirmed guests,” said Ginny Smith, co-chair of the 2020 World Fantasy Convention. “We have a great lineup so far, and soon we’ll announce the addition of several more professionals in the fantasy genre.”
WFC holds a unique place in the speculative fiction convention circuit. Known for its professionalism, WFC is an annual gathering of authors, publishers, book dealers, artists, editors, agents, and serious-minded fantasy fans. “For fantasy authors, WFC is pretty much a must,” says award-winning and NYT bestselling author David Farland, who hales from Saint George, UT. “Not only do writers get to learn from the best of the best in the field, but it’s also an important convention when it comes to meeting editors and agents, and doing business in general.”
WFC 2020 officially opened for registration today. Attending and supporting memberships can be purchased at www.wfc2020.org.
SCIFI.radio is listener supported sci-fi geek culture radio, and operates almost exclusively via the generous contributions of our fans via our Patreon campaign. If you like, you can also use our tip jar and send us a little something to help support the many fine creatives that make this station possible.