Just in time for this Friday’s release of Avengers: Infinity War, Marvel and Dole have partnered to release 30 character recipes inspired by Black Panther, Captain America, Black Widow, The Hulk, Iron Man and Thor.
Okay, yeah, we get it, this is all about brand awareness, really. At the same time, to be honest, a lot of fans are also foodies, and this idea hits the sweet spot. If you can’t be a cape-wearing, hammer-wielding semi-mythical god-like being, you can at least learn to cook like one.
The recipes actually do look pretty good, even if the toehold on the Marvel universe is a bit tenuous.
Part of the “Powering the Hero Within” healthy-eating alliance between the two brands, the recipes reflect each character’s origin story, personality or super power. Just some examples designed to help moms and dads win the often-heroic struggle for healthier households.
- T’Challa Teriyaki Kabobs and Vibranium Lasagna for Black Panther.
- First Avenger Flapjacks and Sunrise Shield Pizza for Captain America.
- Secret Agent Smoothie and Widow Bite Spider Rolls for Black Widow.
- Banner White Bean Soup and Power Punch Smoothie for The Hulk.
- Arc Reactor Latkes and Stark Industries Banana Pie Oatmeal for Iron Man.
- Asgard Avocado Bowls and Mjolnir Roll-ups for Thor.
“Powering the Hero Within” continues through May 11 at www.dole.com/marvel. To see the full list of 30 character recipes, go to the Marvel recipe page.
Avengers: Infinity War debuts April 27, 2018.
SCIFI.radio is listener supported sci-fi geek culture radio, and operates almost exclusively via the generous contributions of our fans via our Patreon campaign. If you like, you can also use our tip jar and send us a little something to help support the many fine creatives that make this station possible.