Science fiction films don’t have to involve armies of mutants, fleets of spaceships, or a galactic empire. Sometimes they can go straight back to the roots of what makes science fiction what it is, asking the question “What if?”
Today’s offering does just that, in a short subject by Finite Films called Stealing Time. In it, two antagonists fight over a working time machine, with predictably convoluted results.
The film was made in 2011, as part of Finite Films‘ year-long, interactive film project, where a short film was made every month based on audience-generated constraints. The constraints for this one were:
• Cannot take place entirely in one location.
• Someone must say the words “time travel.”
• Two characters must have a long-standing rivalry.
• When one character was a kid, he/she used to wish he/she could travel back in time to see real-life dinosaurs.
• One character is a wine lover and is very picky/elitist about their wine.
• One character prefers bubble baths to showers.
• Someone has to say: “I have to go back.”
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://finite-films.com/
SCIFI.radio is listener supported sci-fi geek culture radio, and operates almost exclusively via the generous contributions of our fans via our Patreon campaign. If you like, you can also use our tip jar and send us a little something to help support the many fine creatives that make this station possible.